Meet our Top 10 Champions! These ‘companies that care’ go above and beyond to ensure people with food allergies are safe and included. They’re also your key to not going hungry during the Top 10 Challenge in April. 😉
An enormous THANK YOU to our generous sponsors…
Featured Top 10 Brands
1. ALLfree Bakery
A newly launched line of top allergen-free brownie bites to enjoy! Conveniently packed in twos, ALLfree brownies make for a the perfect grab-and-go snack. More delicious products coming soon.
- Flavours: Double Chocolate Chip, Espresso Caramel, Sea Salt Caramel, S’mores
- Available: Online (currently for residents of Ontario & Quebec only) and soon in retailers near you. Sign up and be the first to know when ALLfree will be available in your province.
- Website: www.allfreebakery.com
2. Forgetful Chef Snack Foods
Forgetful Chef is inspired by a powerful, yet simple set of ideas: Snack food should be tasty but shouldn’t be loaded with empty calories — whether you need a little fuel before a big workout, or are just relaxing on the couch watching the game. Free of the top 12 allergens!
- Flavours: Apple Cinnamon, Blackberry Jam, Chocolate Blueberry, Cran-Orange, Lemon Ginger, Raspberry Chia
- Available: Online
- Website: www.forgetfulchef.com
FreeYumm is a mom-owned Canadian business based in Vancouver. Their bars and cookies are made in a dedicated bakery with specially selected ingredients that have been produced to be free of priority allergens. And this company is super transparent! (See their note below about the possibility of mustard CC.)
- Flavours: Banana Maple, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate, Ginger, Honey Apple, Raspberry Bars
- Available: Online and at select retailers
- Website: www.freeyumm.com
Find more top 10 free brands here
Featured Top 10 Eating Spots (Toronto)
1. Hype Food Co.
This fast casual restaurant and bakery just opened in 2018 and is already a huge hit with allergy families both near and far. Hype Food Co. is known for being delicious, kid-friendly and top allergen-free. The owners — allergy parents themselves — make every effort to accommodate allergies outside of the top 10 if they can. Just ask!
Menu: Check out their bakery & restaurant options. (They also do custom orders!)
Location: 1060 Gerrard St E, Toronto
2. Sorelle and Co.
This elegant spot offers families with food allergies a special treat — from high tea, to savoury options, to treats that are almost too beautiful to eat, Sorelle and Co. is the place to safely indulge. (Note: They will not disclose ingredients for proprietary reasons, but friendly staff will let you know if an item contains allergens outside of the top 10.)
Menu: Each of the 4 locations offers a different selection of sweet and savoury options.
Locations: Vaughn Flagship (1050 Rutherford Road), Yorkville Boutique (161 Yorkville Avenue), Downtown (176 Yonge Street – Saks Food Hall, Lower Level), Etobicoke (1185 The Queensway)
Find more allergy-friendly restaurants here
Have you signed up for the Challenge yet? It’s happening in the last 10 days of April, so make sure to register soon!