By registering for the Food-Free Trunk or Treat you agree to all rules & regulations listed on this page.
1. This is a food-free event for children with a variety of life-threatening food allergies. We kindly ask that attendees bring NON-food treats to give away to trick-or-treaters.
IMPORTANT: Some non-food treats may also contain top allergens. Parents and legal guardians — and NOT event organizers — are responsible for ensuring their child(ren)’s goodies are safe for their particular allergies.
2. If you are registering a vehicle, you agree to: (1) provide a selection of NON-food treats for trick-or-treaters, and (b) decorate your trunk, Halloween-style (if you want to be entered to win one of several awesome allergy-friendly prizes).
3. If you are NOT registering a vehicle, please donate a bag of 30 NON-food treats upon arrival. Your donation will help replenish trunks that are running low on goodies. Any extras will be stored until next year.
4. The event runs from 3:00-4:30pm, but in order to keep little trick-or-treaters safe, vehicles must be parked by 2:30pm (latest) and must stay put until the event’s end at 4:30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Event organizers will be onsite from 2:00pm onwards, and you are welcome (and encouraged) to show up anytime after that. If you have registered your vehicle and have not arrived by 2:30pm, we regret to inform you that your vehicle will not be permitted to enter. Please aim to arrive early so as to avoid missing out on this great event.
5. Food-free prizes will be awarded to winning costumes and trunks (e.g., best costume, scariest costume, cutest costume, spookiest trunk, etc.), and will be at the discretion of our panel of judges (a.k.a. Top 10 Challenge committee members). Number of contest categories to be determined by sponsor participation/number of prizes available.
6. Note that photos of event attendees may appear on the Top 10 Challenge social channels or website.
7. While the organizers of this event are working hard to ensure this event is 100% food-free, we cannot guarantee that all attendees will follow the NON-food rule. Please be sure to confirm that your child(ren)’s treats do not contain any food items AND/OR non-food items containing their allergens before leaving the event.
8. Please note that there will not be bathrooms onsite, but you can walk to nearby shops to use the facilities, if necessary.
9. On the day of the event, donations to the Top 10 Challenge will be graciously accepted. If you would like to donate a few bucks, don’t forget to bring some loose change!
10. By registering for this event, you hereby release and discharge the organization, its directors, officers, employees and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands or causes for action that may hereafter have for injuries or property damages arising out of your participation in the Food-Free Trunk of Treat, including but not limited to, losses caused by the negligence of the organization, its directors, officers, employees or volunteers.