If you do not have a food allergy, please think twice about entering this draw. Although it is impossible to prove whether or not you are food allergic, winners will be asked to share certain details about their food allergy journey and will be featured on this blog. Of course, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends who don’t have allergies, but wish to share their prize with a special food-allergic person in their life, are more than welcome to enter. Good luck!
Dear Allergy Community,
I only joined you less than a year ago—when my son was first diagnosed with his allergies—but at the risk of sounding overly sentimental, there are time when you guys already feel like family.
I mean, think about it: We can’t share our all-hours-of-the-day-and-night anxieties and freak-outs with just anyone. It’s been heartwarming to see a community of people that is always there to support one another—when one of us has a question or concern, is looking for a bit of encouragement, or just needs to vent.
When it comes to parenting a food allergic child, it really does take a village!
And ever since I launched AllergyBites, I’ve been wanting to give something back to this wonderful community. To say thanks for being there anytime I—or anyone!—needs you.
That’s why I partnered with the founder of Sorelle and Co., a mom whose 5 daughters also have food allergies, to bring you some super yummy giveaways. Not only are Sorelle’s goodies free of the top allergens, they’re also vegan, preservative free and, well, pretty healthy for a bakery full of heavenly treats, like brownies, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, scones, loaves and more!
When I first walked into Sorelle’s main location in Vaughn, I felt like Alice venturing into Wonderland. Yup, it’s that magical. (Stay tuned for my review next week for more details on that!)
Sound good? It’s better than good—it’s delicious!
Now’s your chance to win 1 of 3 pretty amazing prizes. All you need to do is join the AllergyBites Facebook group and you’ll be automatically entered into the draw. (And don’t worry, if you’re already a member, you’re already in. 😉 Want an extra chance to win? Follow me on Twitter, be entered a second time. It’s that simple.
So what can you win?
The grand prize is nothing short of fabulous: High tea for two! We’re talking a feast of sweet treats, warm tea and service with a smile ($80 value). And not to worry, if you’re too full to gobble it all up, you can have your goodies packaged up in these pretty little boxes before you go. Just make sure you call 2 weeks in advance to book the experience—Sorelle will need a little bit of extra prep time (and staff!) to make sure your experience is just right. This prize can be redeemed at Sorelle and Co’s flagship location in Vaughn.
The other 2 (almost as grand) prizes are 2 Sorelle and Co. gift cards, valued at $25 each. Just be sure to use the whole thing during your visit—because if you don’t use it, you lose it*. But don’t worry, it shouldn’t be too difficult to spend your winnings when presented with this colourful drool-fest. These prizes can be redeemed at Sorelle and Co’s flagship location in Vaughn.
With a cherry on top
Head on over to the AllergyBites Facebook group and ask to join for your chance to win 1 of 3 delicious prizes. If you’re already a member, I’d love it if you invited other food-allergic families, parents and individuals to join the group. (Just make sure they bring you to High Tea for 2 if they win!)
Rules & Regulations: Sorelle and Co. Giveaway
- To qualify, you must be a member of the AllergyBites Facebook group, but cannot be an AllergyBites employee, partner, sponsor, advisor, or an immediate family member of any such person.
- Three (3) winners will be selected at random Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
- Winners must reside in the GTA or be willing to travel to Sorelle and Co.’s flagship location in Vaughn to redeem their prize.
- Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash, and must be used in one (1) sitting. *For technical reasons, any remaining amount cannot be carried forward.
- Winner of High Tea for 2 must call at least 2 weeks in advance to book the experience. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated due to the extra preparation and staff members required. NOTE: Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 14, 2017) is already fully booked. Sorelle and Co. cannot accommodate High Tea reservations for that day.
- In the event that the winner has a food allergy that stops him/her from participating in High Tea for 2, the grand prize can be exchanged for a $50 gift card.
- Gift cards do not expire.
- Winners will be asked to share the following information with AllergyBites: (1) their food allergy/ies, (2) a selfie while enjoying their prize at Sorelle and Co, and may be featured on the AllergyBites blog and/or mentioned in the Facebook group.
Friendly. Supportive. Encouraging.
Want to join a community of like-minded food allergy folk? Join the AllergyBites Community on Facebook.